Where’s the quickest way to find urgent health care when your GP is not available?

NHS South Norfolk Clinical Commissioning Group has issued some really helpful advice about where to find ‘urgent health care’ when your GP is not available.

If you’re poorly or you’ve suffered a minor injury, the first port of call is usually your GP. But here are some other good ways to find the healthcare you need.

Try your pharmacy

They are great for coughs, colds and other minor illnesses

Phone 111

111 is the local NHS advice line with trained staff to advise the best course of action. 111 is also the number to call for the out of hours GP service. If you don’t need to see a GP, of course the 111 staff will offer you the advice you need.

Walk-in centre

Norwich’s NHS walk-in centre is at Rouen House, Rouen Road, Norwich, NR1 1RB.

It is open from 9am-7pm, 7 days a week. For more information click on our ‘opening times’ tab at the top of the page and select the ‘when we are closed’ tab.

Please help the NHS by using services wisely this winter