How to request an appointment
You can request an appointment in the following ways:
- Request an appointment by visiting our Consulting Room
- By calling the Practice on 01508 492 929
- By visiting the Practice
- Via SystmOnline – if you wish to book via SystmOnline, you will need to register for our online services
Pre-booked and book on the day appointments available for both the mornings and the afternoons.
Please remember the nurse practitioner is qualified to see almost all types of illnesses, and has the back-up of the duty doctor throughout the day for advice if she should need it.
Although Nurse Practitioners are not allowed to write certificates, if she feels a certificate is required she will ask the duty GP to write one for you.
A GP, not necessarily the same one each week, will be available to do a limited open system from 08:30 at both sites each morning. Once these appointments are taken you will be offered the following:
- An appointment in the open system at an alternative site if there are any available
- An appointment with the Nurse Practitioner if available
- An appointment with a Paramedic if available
- A routine appointment with a GP at a later date
- If none of these options are suitable, you will be advised to ring the following morning, but there is a risk that the open surgery is full again during busy periods
- Always tell the receptionist if your problem is medically urgent, they can seek the advice of a GP
These are all pre-booked appointments, but they can be booked up to six weeks in advance.
If you have a problem which cannot wait until the following morning, you will be offered an appointment with the Nurse Practitioner if she is available. Please tell the receptionist if your problem is medically urgent, if an appointment is not available they can seek the advice of a GP.
These are particularly busy first thing in the morning. Please keep holding, the receptionists will be working as fast as possible to respond.
These sessions are held on a Monday and Tuesday at both sites with a GP. Please tell the receptionist if you particularly need an appointment after 18:00.
The Practice along with other surgeries in our locality provide additional and Improved Access for our patients. Please ask one of our Reception team to utilise one of these appointments.
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else.
You can cancel an appointment the following ways:
- Through our Cancel An Appointment triage
- By contacting us via telephone